Thank you for your interest in our wines.
Established in 1990, born out of a love of European wines, Callaghan Vineyards is wholeheartedly committed to growing and producing the best possible wines in Sonoita, Arizona. Together, Kent Callaghan and his father Harold planted the original vineyard. Kent has personally tended the vines and made every wine since the vineyard’s inception. In 2008 Wayne Tomasi, a family friend, began working in the vineyard as a volunteer and continues to do so.
Our work is transparent – we invite you to visit the vineyard and winery to taste our wines and to talk directly with us. We are very proud of the recognition our wines have received from the most credible wine writers in the world. If a visit to Callaghan Vineyards is not possible, please contact us and sign up for our email list and/or our wine club. Wine club members often receive small production wines that are not publicly available.
- “As I have said so many times in the past, this is one of the most interesting wineries in America.” Robert Parker – The Wine Advocate
- Callaghan wines have been served at the White House on three occasions:
- 1996 Democratic National Committee Dinner
- 2000 President Clinton’s Last State Dinner – Prime Minister of India
- 2006 Justice Sandra Day O’Connor’s Retirement Dinner
- In 2006 Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano designated Callaghan Vineyards as one of Arizona’s Treasures
- Le Monde, The Parisian daily newspaper listed Callaghan Vineyards as one of six most interesting wineries/ winemakers in the United States. “Astonishing, concentrated and fruity wines. This pioneer symbolizes the spirit of the wines of the New World.”
- “Kent Callaghan’s mix of Mourvedre and Grenache from his home vineyard is astonishingly light on its feet: radiant fruit, grapefruit pith, black licorice and dust.” Jon Bonne – San Francisco Chronicle on Claire’s 2009
- 2013 Jefferson Cup Competition: Tannat 2012 – Double Gold, Petit Verdot 2012 – Silver Medal, Graciano 2012 – Silver Medal, Mourvedre 2012 – Silver Medal
Come join us, relax and taste our wines. We’re just one hour south of Tucson, Arizona. Callaghan Vineyards is open to the public Thursday through Sunday, from 11- 4pm.
We are proud to be a member destination within the 2013 Arizona Wine Travel Card. This card offers discounts at 55+ of Arizona’s top wineries and destinations.